There are many firm management softwares on the market but not all of them are created equal. Further, not every software will meet your exact needs. Here, we’ll outline some dimensions* on which to evaluate if a software is optimal for you and your firm.
- Firm size. The size of your firm will dictate the breadth of services you offer and the number of clients you work with. These are critical points to bear in mind as you evaluate potential softwares.
- Client mix. Your exact mix of individuals and business client will be a central factor in determining the best software for your team.
- Cost. Do your homework and figure out market rates for the softwares which suit your firm’s size. Once you have gauge the range of prices, figure out how much you want to allocate within your firm’s current budget to help you narrow your search. Keep in mind that more cost efficient options may include fewer bells and whistles (ie. automations and customizations).
- Core features. Evaluate your firm’s pain points and which specific issues you are trying to remediate through this new software. For example, is your team pushing for a fully cloud-based flow to enable remote work? Are your clients pushing for an mobile app so that they can access their dashboards easily? Integrate feedback from you team and your clients to determine which core features and tool types would be optimal.
- Your team’s tech savviness. Bear in mind your team’s tech savviness and their willingness to learn new skills. Obviously, there will be an acclimation period regardless of which software you choose but choosing one with less bells and whistles might benefit your team if they’re less comfortable with tech, generally.
- Integrations! Do thorough recon on the integration capabilities of every software you evaluate; easy integration with the tools you already use and plan to continue to is key for smooth transitioning.
Curious if Soraban is the optimal fit for your firm? We’ve got a resource just for you. Check out our landing page which helps you assess whether or not we’re the right software for you.